Sketchbook Revival 2024

 Sketchbook Revival 2024

I am participating in Sketchbook Revival again this year.  It is a 10+ day online event where they offer 2 courses everyday from artists.  It is free and just such a relaxing way to spend some time. 

Playing with lines.  You start by slowly making lines on the page and see where it leads.  Do you see anything in the lines? 
A little painting with Tamara Laporte, I love poppies!  This time I mixed the fluorescent pink with red I love the pop this combination gave.
 Lynissa Hayes lesson - This one was so fun, just a little abstract piece but loved adding the interactive pieces with the brads, so clever.

Lucie Duclos lesson - Collage and then adding drawing elements on top, this is a great way to get started making, easy and fun.

Salli Swindel's lesson - You start by picking colored pencils with your eyes closed, so you aren't thinking of the color combinations (little triangles). Then you look for 5 colors that you like together, and she guided us through drawing all kinds of things on our paper.  This is a really fun way to use color!
Cecile Yadro lesson - Painting River, this one is no masterpiece but it does make me laugh and for that, so worthwhile.  Some sessions are successful others will take some practice, like painting your pets portrait.  :)

Amy Maricle's lesson - Slow drawing and collage. Again, so relaxing and I learned a new pattern to draw - these unique shapes, they're like a mix between an island and a shell.

I'm only on day 5 of 13 or something... so more as I get to them.  I paid to continue watching the videos past the event date so that I can participate with all of them.  I can't wait to turn some of these into lessons for my students.  So much inspiration! 
 

Happy Sunday Everyone - Big Hugs!