Cleaning

 Cleaning


I know these latest posts have not been about art, the making of, etc.  However, there are lots of friends and family following this journey, all of which this is a part, so I hope you don't mind these little detours along the way.  I will post more art videos soon.  I'm still creating in small doses, even in the midst of this. :)

So, there's been lots of cleaning happening!  Here's the truth - I clean bathrooms and the kitchen regularly.  Mark is the sweeper of the family.  I vacuum but dusting, wiping walls, and blinds - this just doesn't happen that much.  We both work and squeeze everything we can from our time and well that type of cleaning falls off the list.

Therefore, as we are emptying rooms and rearranging and clearing the deck in prep for the next stage - cleaning is essential and brings new life into a space.  I'm talking dusting, wiping fans, doors, windows, everything.  

So, I thought why not tell you what we like and why...

ever spring is a Target brand cleaner and I love the smell!!  I've been using Lemon & Mint. This cleaner does not have harmful chemicals and is in a recycled bottle, so great for simple every day cleaning.  I won't go back to other brands because I love the smell that much!

Murphey's Oil - Great on woodwork but that's not all!  Grease gets out grease - so on doors that have lots of stuff - this is an awesome go to product.  Sam our dog put his nose on lots of surfaces so sorry for the gross image but his boogers have now been cleaned off. LOL

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers - honestly - I'm not sure how we functioned prior to this product.  The smudges, lines (pencil or marker) all come off with this!  

Goo Gone - great to have for super sticky things - a little goes a long way and I only break that out occasionally

Last, Get a good duster 

If you have old sheets that are too worn to donate - tear them up for cleaning.  They make awesome rags and you don't have to keep the pieces if they get too yucky.

Okay all - happy cleaning - it doesn't matter what you're doing you need the right tool for the job :)