My New Classroom

 Hi Everyone!

School has begun here in South Carolina.  This week marked the first full week of school.  It's an adventure teaching.  I had training online the month of July.  I also had a couple of days for district training.  Then, finally the first of August we were allowed in our building.  Nine days later school began.  There was major cleaning, taking inventory, and figuring out a plan for the first week of school.  (Oh, and hurricane Debby stopped by and said hello, very little damage 👃) 

    As is true with most schools it's an absolute hustle at the end, people figuring out schedules, students being enrolled, etc.  I didn't know my schedule until the day before school started.  I am so thankful that I kept things super simple and taught the same lesson for K-2 and a lesson for 3-5.  Both went well.  I loved the sculpture project with the younger ones!  This is a Cassie Stephen's lesson and the kids were so enamored with using glue and making their sculptures.  Super sweet!  

    With the 3rd -5th grade students there was a mix of emotions, many were a bit sad and shocked about the prior teacher leaving, but happy and delighted to see the room changed and redecorated.  I had them answer questions on giant sticky notes.  This allowed me to see how they behaved with each other and as a group.  This is people watching on steroids - no joke!

    Next up - seating charts, learning names, and projects.  I'm having the 3rd - 5th graders make sketchbooks and the younger ones we'll be reading a story and making art related to nature.  Fun!

    And without further ado - here's a little video so you can see my classroom.  Cheers everyone, hope you're having a relaxing Sunday!


If you would like to donate to my classroom, I've created an Amazon wishlist.  Please don't feel any obligation but I appreciate all of the support.