Testing Colors

 Testing Colors

This is how I begin many paintings in my sketchbook, playing with colors and materials.  I love when paints merge and you get to see unexpected outcomes.  These are the high flow acrylic paints that you watched me unpack in the last post.  I then went in and blended colored pencil and some white fun!  Another tip is to stop along the way and take a photo, play with the filters on your phone.  There's always black and white to show you values and where a painting might need work but sometimes those other filters will give you ideas for punching up colors, going darker or creating variety.



I used YouCut for this video.  I didn't like it quite as much as InShot but it is nice that there is no watermark even in the free version and it was simple; however, I didn't like the clipping feature.  It was very hard to tell where I was and ended up losing more than I had hoped.  Oh well, you get the idea :)

                                                                 Finished piece...