Interactive Technology Design

Interactive Technology Design

One of my latest courses through Highline, Interactive Technology Design.  The premise of this course is to learn a new program.  In this case we started to learn Rhino a 3D Modeling program.  I have not worked with 3D modeling software before so I have nothing to compare it to.  This program is a beast and I barely scratched the surface of it's capabilities.  Roark Congdon (https://www.linkedin.com/in/roark-congdon-778babab/) has an extensive library of tutorials that he's made for his students to follow.


Not gonna lie, I really struggled in the beginning.  However, you keep chipping away.  Finally, a couple of functions make sense.  I teach my students one or two tools and then build on those.  Naturally, you end up learning more than anticipated.  This is what I attempted to do, which sometimes works with a vision and a course, sometimes you get caught in the weeds, learning is not always easy.  Here is the rendering of my park design.