Treasures by the Side of the Road!

 Treasures by the Side of the Road!

As you all know... I'm teaching at an Elementary School this year and what I found out is that I have a very, I mean very tight budget!  So, I am getting really creative with materials.

We've been going on a walk in the morning and my neighbor had boxes of poetry magazines sitting out.  So, I picked up a couple and then, my wheels started spinning

and I thought that I just can't leave those sitting there.(Poetry books might make good sketch journals?) So, I drove back got the boxes of magazines and to my delight there was a box of computer paper.  I left a note of thanks and that if they have any more paper to please call me.  Someone texted me the next day with another box of paper.😀


Y'all the previous art teacher almost ran out of paper - that's how tight the budget is, so getting free paper is like winning the lottery. Thank you neighbor!

I also want to say that it's easy to get down about this; however, another part of me thinks it's a great way to reduce, reuse, and recycle.  I'll report if my attitude is as bright as the year goes on...;)

2nd Box of goodies
 
Other things we've found on the side of the road - 
Ratchet Lamp - these date from the 1888 through 1950's and
The lamp can move up and down with the "ratcheting" system, 
pretty cool!

Mark and Jules refinished this one we found.  
Here's to keeping your eyes open for treasures by the side of the road!

Cheers 💗 Eileen

P.S. On our trip - Mark, Jules, and I illustrated some of the poems... so fun when something new falls into your lap 😀


Eileen's pages (mostly)
Jules' pages
Mark's pages