Art Soul Gathering

 Art Soul Gathering 2023 - 

Hosted by Ida Anderson Lang

I have been participating in this free online gathering.  

Why do I participate in these?  

I learn art techniques, use materials or subject matters that I wouldn't always think of, and they are a good source for providing inspiration.  I am to a place now with my art practice that I'm comfortable enough to branch out and try some new things without being so hung up on results or if mine looks like the instructors. Let me show you....


Lesson by: Ida Lang - I don't normally do portraits but it's still fun to play and expand.  I used watercolor and finished with fine line marker.


Dawn Vander Stoep was the instructor for this lesson.  Mine is similar but she did hers with pan pastel - her technique was wonderful to watch but I don't have any pan pastels (something to try in the future, so cool); therefore, I used some markers.  I love these new markers that you can add water to give a more watercolor feel.  That's what I did for the cloud and background color.


Marie-Laure Delage-Carlson's lesson. This was a very fun lesson where she really does a wet on wet method with watercolor paints. I started with some watercolor but then went back in with high flow acrylic paint and had so much fun. It's really magical when the paint pools and blends. When it was dry I went in with marker and colored pencil. This blended the colors. I can't wait to begin more paintings with this watery technique!


Tamara Laporte's lesson - Her butterfly was quite different from mine, she has a very distinct style but still so fun to play with the butterfly. Mine ended up looking very spacey!  Not sure about the colors here, but that's okay.


Last, Inspired by Eulalia Mejia's lesson. She did a flower with an eye in the center, mine looked very different than hers but I had so much fun playing with the paints and colors.

I've linked all of these artists websites if you click on their name, so take a look at their fun whimsical styles. There is so much to learn and play with. It's nice falling back on a recipe, even when you know how to cook.

Cheers and happy creating!

Comments

  1. What a wonderful gift to be inspired... especially free! Always a fan of your work. Glad to see you so productive. Do I see inktober in your future?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TBD - 4 classes and moving, so no promises but I'd love too.

      Delete
  2. Art is meant to be shared. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment